; ;

Google Slaps Backlink Solutions

Since writing the post below the owners of Backlink Solutions have added 70 new blogs to the network and these additions are ranked in Google and have PR. As of now the system is back up and running and is working fine. If you join the system you have a choice of which network you wish to use - the old network (which while useless for Google serp rankings is nonetheless still quite useful for getting ranked well in Yahoo and MSN as they don't use the PR system and haven't de-indexed the older sites) or the new network (recommended if you are trying to get indexed and ranked in Google as well as Yahoo and MSN) or you can use both. (there are no extra fees for using both networks) The new sites were added in October and I have waited to post as I wanted to test the new blogs first. They are producing the desired results after using them this past month so I have no problem recommending the Backlink Soluions network once again. I have left the post below in order for you to understand the context of this update.

Griz - Nov 13, 2008

Original Post

As of a couple of days ago the link network Backlink Solutions became the latest casualty in Google's war on paid links. The entire roster of BS blogs was de-indexed and effectively ends what was once a useful program for getting backlinks. If you belong to the program you might think about canceling your membership and cease using the blogs. I contacted Chad and Colin - the owners of BS, and alerted them to the problem and aside from "we are looking into this", I haven't heard back from them. I have waited two days to publish this in the event that it was just a temporary glitch in the serp's (all blogspot blogs were de-indexed briefly a month ago but came back online a few days later) but this was more wishful thinking than anything else.

For those who have been using the system you may want to track your rankings and see if there is any fallout. This is a good reminder of why you should never rely on any 1 program or system for creating backlinks.


Speaking of backlinks I would like to thank everybody for the support I have received unveiling my new blog "Make Money Online with Grizzly". I certainly didn't expect 100 plus comments on a new site with just 1 post but you folks are amazing. I really need to thank some of my biggest supporters and urge others to take the time and visit some of these wonderful blogs.

My thanks to;

Frank and his make money review blog OpTempo.

Costa and his make money blogging site Blogigs.

Vic's make money online blog - Blogger Unleashed.

Denise and her make money at home blog - How to Make Money Online at Home.

Lamach's web site design blog - Lamach Web Site Design

John who could use a hand promoting his cell phone accessories site - Z-Tel

Irene at her Internet marketing for small business blog - Strange Duck

Steve and his make money reviews site - Noovy

Terry at his make money blog - The Honest Way

I will send out more thank you's in upcoming posts to all those who have been kind enough to send luv to the new blog. Thanks again everyone. (If I miss anyone please let me know)


Why create Make Money Online with Grizzly?

Several of you have asked if this is the end of this blogger blog in response to the news that I have started a new MMO blog. Not at all. One of the constraints of this blog all along is that it makes money from adsense. This has meant having to optimize everything I write with consideration given to the Adsense bot rather than my readers. There are lots of things I would like to discuss but don't simply because it will bugger up my SEO and lower my earnings. This site was built for search traffic. The new site is built for social traffic. I can write freely on the new site without having to concern myself with SEO as much. I say "as much" because I will still optimize the site for keywords but I can now post non-relevant topics as well.

The other reason for the new blog should be obvious to those of you who have been following along with me for a while. Once you build up one authority site use it to build up more. And not just your own. Help your friends build up theirs. Create a network. I'm not talking spam sites - real legit quality content sites. I'll be creating a page on the new site with a list of my friends online. These are people who all understand the importance of networking with others. If you are new here then these are the people you should visit and get to know them, leave comments, link to posts you like, become friends. They cover many niches - not just "Make Money Online" and we all know how hard backlinks are to find. Having friends makes this so much easier.

The list will be on going and will take a bit to complete but if you want on it just send me an email. If you are a "pay it forward" kind of person we would love to have you join us.

No comments: